Friday, August 1

Four Hours After It “Started” The Ceasefire Collapses

35 Palestinians Killed, 100 Injured In Rafah
The Palestinian Ministry of Health has reported that at least 35 Palestinians have been killed, and more than a 100 have been injured in extensive Israeli bombardment of homes in Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip.
  IMEMC & Agencies

 The Ministry of Health in Gaza said the number of slain Palestinians could be way higher, amidst ongoing Israeli bombardment of homes, while more than a hundred have been injured.

Most of the casualties are children and women; search operations ongoing.

The al-Mayadeen newspaper, based in Lebanon, has reported that Israel informed the Egyptian mediator that the 72-hour truce is over, and accused Palestinian resistance fighters of firing mortars into Israel. 

Armed groups said Israel violated the truce first, killing and wounding several Palestinians. 

The statement came just around two hours after the temporary ceasefire started, on Friday morning. 

According to the Al Mayadeen report, Israel told the Egyptians that the 72-hour ceasefire that went into effect on Friday morning is over.

In addition, the al-Arabiya TV said the Israeli declaration of ending the truce came after the Israeli army fired shells into southern Gaza, killing eight Palestinians, only a few hours after the “ceasefire” began. 

Israeli Ynet News quoted a source in the office of Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, accusing Hamas of violating the truce.

Heavy armed clashes took place between Palestinian fighters and Israeli soldiers invading Rafah, in the southern part of the Gaza Strip. 

The army repeatedly violated the temporary ceasefire shortly after it started, while resistance fighters fired shells into the Eshkol Regional Council of settlements. 

Israeli TV, Channel 10, has reported that heavy clashes are taking place in Rafah, while reports of deaths, and various injuries, among the soldiers are emerging, with the claim that one soldier is “missing”.

Israel said Palestinian fighters managed to approach an Israeli military force through a tunnel and opened fire at them.

The army fired several shells while Israeli warplanes fired several missiles. 

Initial reports indicate several deaths and injuries occurred in clashes between soldiers and Palestinian fighters.

All Israeli areas, close to the border with Gaza, have been declared a closed military zone, while the army advised the settlers to remain home. 

Israel is accusing the Palestinians of violating the truce by opening fire at Israeli soldiers, and military vehicles, east of Rafah, using automatic fire and mortars. 

Israeli media sources said the Karem Abu Salem (Kerem Shalom) Crossing area witnessed what was described as “a major security breach”, and was declared a closed military zone. 

Just after the temporary ceasefire started, Israeli soldiers opened fire on dozens of Palestinian civilians, including medics, during search and rescue operations in heavily bombarded areas, killing four Palestinians and wounding dozens.

0 Have Your Say!:

Post a Comment