GAZA, (PIC)-- The Euro-Mid Observer for Human Rights has called on western countries to withdraw their citizens who serve as mercenaries in the Israeli army.
Euro-Mid Observer revealed on Sunday that hundreds of Europeans, Americans, and Canadians, who have enrolled in the Israeli army, had taken part in killing Palestinian civilians especially in Gaza.
The human rights observer pointed to the Israeli programs and campaigns that work on recruiting Jews from foreign countries in the Israeli army.
Around 6,000 foreign mercenaries including 2,000 Americans are currently fighting within the Israeli army, the report said.
The U.S. State Department announced last week that two American soldiers were killed during clashes in Gaza, identified as Max Steinberg, 24, and Nassim Sean Carmeli, 21, who were fighting within the Golani Brigade.
Euro-Mid Observer documented that a number of non-Israeli soldiers were also killed during the ongoing aggression on Gaza.
The report said that dozens of non-Israeli soldiers took part in the two previous Israeli aggressions on Gaza in 2008/2009 and 2012.
“In light of the horrific crimes committed by the Israeli army in Gaza, we call on western countries to withdraw their citizens and to prevent them being engaged in future crimes”, the Geneva-based Observer said in its statement.
Euro-Mid Observer expressed its fears that these non-Israeli soldiers might receive financial motivation to serve in the Israeli army, which make them mercenaries according to Article 47 of Additional Protocol I to the Geneva Conventions, 8 June 1977.